If you see a title in which you are interested, simply click on the link and you will be taken to Amazon.co.uk's secure online order form, where prices and postage rates are shown.
English Language and Grammar
- Teach Yourself English
Sandra Stevens ISBN: 0340774509
The course is suitable for adults of an elementary level and those who may have studied English before but now need to improve for social or business purposes. It provides supplementary material for learners who are attending classes, a quick reference for travellers and guidance for EFL teachers who are not confident using a communicative approach. Written by an EFL teacher with 30 years' experience.
Contains a 384 page book and two cassettes.
Also available as a book and CD pack or book only.
- Teach Yourself English Grammar - as a foreign/second language
John Shepheard ISBN: 0340780193
This book has been written to complement Teach Yourself English (see above), re-presenting and practising the grammar in new contexts. The book will appeal to students who feel they need extra help with grammar.
Contains 320 pages
- Teach Yourself Teaching English as a foreign/second language
David Riddell ISBN: 0340789352
This book is an ideal companion for the new, inexperienced teacher of English as a foreign/second language but will also appeal to teachers who are in need of a refresher, update or confidence -booster for their teaching methods.
Its 'hands-on', practical approach gives clear and supportive advice on teaching many different kinds of lessons. It includes invaluable teaching techniques and tips on areas such as classroom management, lesson planning and using coursebooks.
Contains 288 pages
- Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language
Crystal, David (Ed.) Hardback. ISBN: 0521401798
Includes full colour illustrations and a comprehensive glossary.
- Introduction to English Language
Blake, N.F.; Moorhead, Jean Paperback ISBN: 033357303X
- Introduction to English Language : Sound, Word and Sentence
Kuiper, Koenrad; Allan, W.Scott Paperback ISBN: 0333624955
- Oxford Companion to the English Language
McArthur, Tom (Ed.) Hardback ISBN: 019214183X
- Student's Grammar of the English Language
Greenbaum, Sidney; Quirk, Randolph. Paperback. ISBN: 0582059712
For proficiency level students.
- English Vocabulary in Use: 100 Units of Vocabulary Reference and Practice
McCarthy, Michael; O'Dell, Felicity. Paperback. ISBN: 0521423961
A self-study reference for the more advanced user.
- Essential Grammar in Use: Reference and Practice for Elementary Students
Murphy, Raymond Paperback ISBN: 0521559286
- Grammar: A Student's Guide
Hurford, James R. Paperback ISBN: 0521456274
- Chambers Complete Guide to English Grammar and Usage
Hardback ISBN: 0550180516
- Course Book in English Grammar
Freeborn, Dennis Paperback ISBN: 0333624939
- Improve Your Written English : How to Sharpen Up Your Grammar
Field, Marion Paperback ISBN: 1857032179
- Collins COBUILD English Grammar
Sinclair, John (Ed.) Paperback ISBN: 000370257X
- English Grammar in Use: A Self-study Reference and Practice Book for; with Answers
Murphy, Raymond Paperback ISBN: 052143680X
Grammar practice with exercises and a study guide. For students up to First Certificate level.
- Ship or Sheep? : An Intermediate Pronunciation Course
Cassette Set ; Baker, Ann ISBN: 0521263583
- More Grammar Games : Cognitive, Affective and Movement Activities for EFL
Davis, Paul; Rinvolucri, Mario. Paperback ISBN: 052146630X
For teachers of English. Includes over 80 games for students of all ages, designed to improve grammar. Includes photocopiable worksheets.
- Cambridge Word Routes English-French : Lexique Thematique de l'Anglais
Paperback. ISBN 0521425832
Bilingual reference book containing 450 word groups arranged by topic. Includes extensive coverage of idioms and information on grammar. Explanations given in French.
- Cambridge Word Routes Inglese-Italiano : Dizionario Tematico dell'Inglese
As above, but with explanations in Italian. Paperback ISBN: 052142223X
- Cambridge Word Selector English-Spanish : Diccionario Tematico del Ingles
As above, but with explanations in Spanish. Paperback ISBN: 0521425824
Exam Preparation Travel Guides about BritainRough Guides: All have details of low cost accommodation, cheap restaurants, things to do and see, tips and advice etc. Ideal for students on a small budget:
- Collins COBUILD English Dictionary
Hardback ISBN: 0003750299
75,000 references, 100,000 new examples and 4,000 new words and meanings!
- Cassell Concise English Dictionary
Kirkpatrick, E.M. (Ed.) Hardback ISBN: 0304349852
- Cambridge International Dictionary of English
Procter, Paul (Ed.) Hardback. 1792 pages. ISBN: 0521482364
Designed for learners of English as a foreign language. Includes 100,000 examples illustrating usage and context, a phrase index, 'false friend' information etc. Covers British, American & Australian English.
- English Pronouncing Dictionary
Jones, Daniel (Ed.); Roach, Peter (r.); Hartman, James (r.) Paperback ISBN: 0521459036
Probably the best known guide to English (British and American) pronunciation.
- Longman Dictionary of English Language and Culture.
Paperback ISBN: 0582237203
For the advanced user. Contains detailed linguistic information and cultural explanations.
- Cassell's French-English, English-French Dictionary
Paperback ISBN: 0304333891
- Concise Oxford Spanish Dictionary; Spanish-English/ English-Spanish
Carvajal, Carol Styles; Horwood, Jane (Ed.) Hardback ISBN: 0198645236
- Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary : English-German, German-English
Clark, M.; Thyen, O. (Ed.) Hardback ISBN: 0198601336
- Basic Japanese-English Dictionary
Paperback ISBN: 0198643284